Oecophylla smaragdina (Austalie) (mn)

Vragen en opmerkingen over de blogs
Plaats reactie
mn
Lid

Oecophylla smaragdina (Austalie) (mn)

Bericht door mn »

Vragen en opmerkingen over deze kolonie graag hier.
-Camponotus fulvopilosus
-Messor barbarus
-Pheidole pallidula
Skippy
Lid
Leeftijd: 35

Re: Oecophylla smaragdina (Austalie) (mn)

Bericht door Skippy »

In terarium like this is better to use "coco husk" what you can buy in aquaterra shop in your town (in Slovakia cca 2€/brick = cca 6-8 litres). It better keep water in like sponge. When "turf" soil will dry one time , it worse safe water after (same like plaster).
There is also way to mix these two types together. Of course , nice branches there. Prepare for a bit of mold (only some days) on bottom of these branches , where it touch ground.
Pogonomyrmex barbatus , Myrmecocystus mexicanus , Camponotus habereri , Lasius fuliginosus , Lasius distinguendus , Lasius sp. , Formica sanguinea , Camponotus vagus , Manica rubida
http://www.insectarium.cz/e-shop/ - ants and formicaries for sale
mn
Lid

Re: Oecophylla smaragdina (Austalie) (mn)

Bericht door mn »

Hi,

Thanks for the answer Skippy.
I now that cocopead is better, I already searching it for a wile but I cant find it in the stores near here. Same story with the turf, its hard to find and the quality is verry low. But I still look around. I've put some springtail in the terarium, so they can eat the mess that the ants make.
Maybe I will put some isopots in it too. Cocopeat is also verry good food for springtails and isopods so they will have it good.
But I first want to see how the ants react on their new enviroment, so far so good!

Greets Nick!
-Camponotus fulvopilosus
-Messor barbarus
-Pheidole pallidula
Plaats reactie