Methodes om Mijten weg te krijgen

Onderwerpen die niet behoren tot de categorieën hierboven
MichaelB
Lid

Methodes om Mijten weg te krijgen

Bericht door MichaelB »

Vond een Topic op het antsnationaal forum betreffende het weg krijgen van mijten in de kolonie.
Aangezien ik mijten wel vaker als onderwerp heb zien langskomen wilde ik de methodes die daar werden aangegeven jullie niet onthouden!

Dit is de post:

This is not 100% guaranteed, but it does work.
I had mites on my very young Myrmica rubra colony (~10-15 workers) + my young Atta cephalotes colony (~50-75 workers) and my Crematogaster cerasi colony (~150-200 workers). To remove the mites (and this may sound crazy) I did one thing that I never thought of doing. FEED the mites. Place fruit in the enclosure ("outworld"), raisins work best. Make sure to cut the raisins in half. Most ants LOVE raisins because of their high sugar content, and they are a great source of vitamin. Sometimes I drop a drop of water onto the freshly-cut inside part of the raisin. Beside the raisins, add half a grape. Remove once every 2 days and replace. As the ants go to the raisins (and the grapes for some species), the mites will latch onto the fruit. They prefer fruits over ant hemolymph ("blood"). When you remove the fruit, you remove the mites and decrease their population. After ~1 week to ~3 months (depending on the "cooperation" of the mites), your colony should be scott free of mites. I hope this helps.

Daarbij stond in de zelfde topic dat ze ook zijn weg gekregen door knoflook water aan te bieden en dat dat ook gewerkt heeft!

Dus volgende keer bij mijten: knoflookwater en doorgesneden rozijntjes en grapefruit aanbieden. :D
Lasius Niger
Myrmica Rubra
Messor Barbarus
Reticulitermes grassei
Lasius Flavus x 2
Formica Rufibarbis
Temnothorax nylanderi
Pheidole Pallidula
Nieuwste aanwinst: Diacamma Sp.
Plaats reactie